Medical Gas DISS Ceiling Outlet
- Satin is the brushed stainless steel (not shown)
- Color is the painted stainless steel
- Complete installation kit (includes rough-in assembly, front latch assembly, and trim plate.
- Connection accepts DISS
- Complete Stainless Steel front and back body
- Spacing for wall outlets is 5" on center
- Amico 100% pressure testing of each outlet and cleaned for medical gas service
- Indexed to eliminate interchangeability of gas services
- Up to 1" (25 mm) wall thickness adjustment ( for deeper wall depths please see extensions kits and extended front latch assembles) sold separately (for wall depths deeper than 1" please see outlet front latch extensions or extension kit )
- 360° Swivel Inlet Pipe for easy installation
- Universal rough-in assembly to accept Quick Disconnects or DISS front adapters (can be interchanged at any time)
- Outlets are also available for M.R.I. use (non-ferrous)
- Flow rate exceeds the requirements of NFPA
The medical gas outlet shall be an Amico Alert-1 series. Outlets shall be manufactured with a 7-3/4" (197 mm)length type ”K” 1/2" (12.7 mm) outside diameter (3/8" [9.5 mm] nominal) size copper inlet pipe stub, which is silver brazed to the outlet body. The body shall be of 1-5/16" (33 mm) diameter, one piece brass construction. For positive pressure gas services, the outlet shall be equipped with a primary and secondary check valve and the secondary check valve shall be rated at a maximum of 200 psi (1,379 kPa) in the event the primary check valve is removed for maintenance.
Outlet bodies shall be gas specific by indexing each gas service to a gas specific dual pin indexing arrangement on the respective identification module. A large color coded front plate shall be used for ease of gas identification and aesthetic appeal. A one piece chrome fascia plate shall frame the outlet. With the back rough-in mounted, the outlet shall adjust from 3/8" (10 mm) to 1" (25 mm) variation in wall thickness.
The outlets shall be of modular design and include a gas specific 16 ga. (1.6 mm) steel mounting plate designed to permit on-site ganging of multiple outlets, in any order, on 5" (127 mm) spacing. The latch-valve assembly shall be Ohmeda DiamondTM (Ohio Medical) Quick Disconnect compatible and accept only corresponding Ohmeda type gas specific adapters. ll M.R.I. outlets are manufactured from nonferrous materials.
All outlets shall be cleaned and degreased for medical gas service, factory assembled and tested. The outlets are UL Listed and ETL Listed. Amico products comply with NFPA 99 and CSA Z7396.1.