Zone Valve Box / Alarm Sensor Port
- Dual ports located on patient side of valve box
- Ideal for critical care areas, anesthesizing locations, and areas where alarm monitoring is required
- Can also be used to take gas samples, or to backfeed during service interruptions
- 90 degree elbow and gas specific demand check indcluded
- Rough-In Box
- Trim and Opaque (Gray) window with NFPA verbiage and trim
- Valves are installed largest on bottom to smallest on top (this can be customized if requested)
- 1/2" to 1-1/2" shut-offs in a multiple zone indicator panel box will be in a 3-7/8" deep box.
- Shut-offs 1-1/2" and larger will have an empty space above the shut-off.
- 2" shut-off will be assembled in a 6-½" deep box and shall accommodate up to a maximum of 5 gases.
NOTE: A box with a 1/2", 3/4" and 1-1/2" shut-off will require a 4 hole box not a 3 hole box.
The 2" shut-off shall be positioned on the bottom of the assembly. Refer to 2" zone indicator box assembly drawing on page 2.
- Zone indicator panel boxes shall be an Amico Alert-1 series. Each recessed zone indicator panel box shall consist of the following components: A steel box which can house one to seven zone shut-offs with tube extensions, an aluminum frame and a pull-out removable window. Gauge options are 100 psi, 300 psi or 30 inHg. Terminal strips are provided with the box. The sensors and DISS fittings are gas specific, and provided with the alarm. The indicator panel box shall be constructed of 18 gauge steel, complete with a baked white enamel finish. Affixed to the opposite sides of the box will be two adjustable steel brackets for the purpose of mounting the box to the structural support.
- The steel brackets shall accommodate various finished wall thicknesses between 3/8" (9.5 mm) and 1-3/16" (30 mm) and shall be field adjustable. The frame assembly shall be constructed of anodized aluminum and shall be mounted to the back box assembly by standard #6 * 3/8" tapping screws provided. The removable front shall consist of an opaque window with a pullout ring pre-mounted to the center of the window. Access to the zone shut-offs shall be by merely pulling the ring assembly to remove the window from the frame. The window can be reinstalled without the use of tools only after the shut-off handles have been returned to the open position.
- The window shall be marked to prohibit unauthorized persons from tampering with the zone indicator panel with the following silk-screen caution: “MEDICAL GAS CONTROL VALVES. CLOSE ONLY IN EMERGENCY”
- The zone shut-offs shall be a 3 piece, ball-type design with a brass forging body and a chrome plated brass ball for sizes 1/2" to 2". Seats shall be reinforced PTFE with Viton seals for 1/2"-2". A blow-out proof stem shall be used and shall have a maximum pressure rating of 600 psi (4,137 kPa). Zone shut-offs shall be operated by a lever-type handle requiring only a quarter turn from a fully open position to a fully closed position. All zone shut-offs shall be equipped with type “K” washed and degreased copper pipe stub extensions of sufficient length to protrude beyond the sides of the box. All pipe stub extensions shall be supplied with suitable plugs or caps to prevent contamination of the assembly prior to installation. The pipe stub extension (long) shall have dual gauge ports. One 1/8" NPT elbow shall be provided per zone shut-off.
- Each zone shut-off shall be supplied with an identification bracket which shall be riveted directly onto the zone indicator panel box for the purpose of applying an approved medical gas identification label. A package of labels shall be supplied with each zone indicator panel box assembly for application by the installer. Amico products comply with NFPA 99.